On this episode of "Inbound & Down," co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito of Morey Creative help answer the question you've constantly been asking yourself: "Why isn't my content ranking?!" Learn how you can create better content that'll rank higher.
"I've been blogging, but why aren't I ranking?"
This is a question inbound marketers across all industries have been pondering for a long time. Sure, you may be creating "good" and "unique" content, but like our favorite SEO wizard, Rand Fishkin, says: "Good, unique content needs to die."
We couldn't agree more. The truth is, it isn't enough to simply create "good" or "unique" content. If you're trying to rank, your content needs to be better.
"If you're trying to rank for something, if you're trying to end up on page one for something, or even page 10 for something, you need to be producing stuff that's better than the results that are already ranking," explains Jon Sasala, Creative Director at Morey Creative.
Just about everyone is creating "good" and/or "unique" content nowadays, so to produce better content, you have to do a few things:
- Look at the content that's already ranking (making sure it's the closest in relation to your business), and see what questions it answers, and what questions it hasn't answered.
- Identify what these pages are lacking, and consider what you can do to make your content better than what's already ranking.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Watch: Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die
- Everyone is trying to rank for the same keywords, so do your research, check the SERPs (search engine results pages), and put in the work to create better content.
- Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die
- S01 E08: Inbound Marketing - The Key to Success in Any Industry
Have any questions or topic suggestions? Comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
The best inbound marketing strategies utilize keyword research, SEO, CTAs, and valuable content to attract, engage, and delight customers. Read More
The COVID-19 pandemic shuttered businesses and forced companies online, making effective B2B digital marketing critical to attracting and converting customers. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with Eric Siu, CEO at ClickFlow and author of "Leveling Up: How to Master the Game of Life." Read More