On this episode of "Inbound & Down," co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito of Morey Creative help answer the question you've constantly been asking yourself: "Why isn't my content ranking?!" Learn how you can create better content that'll rank higher.
"I've been blogging, but why aren't I ranking?" is a question inbound marketers across all industries have been pondering for a long time. Sure, you may be creating "good" and "unique" content, but like our favorite SEO wizard, Rand Fishkin, says: "Good, unique content needs to die."
We couldn't agree more. The truth is, it isn't enough to simply create "good" or "unique" content. If you're trying to rank, your content needs to be better.
"If you're trying to rank for something, if you're trying to end up on page one for something, or even page 10 for something, you need to be producing stuff that's better than the results that are already ranking," explains Jon Sasala, Creative Director at Morey Creative.
Just about everyone is creating "good" and/or "unique" content nowadays, so to produce better content, you have to do a few things:
- Look at the content that's already ranking (making sure it's the closest in relation to your business), and see what questions it answers, and what questions it hasn't answered.
- Identify what these pages are lacking, and consider what you can do to make your content better than what's already ranking.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Watch: Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die
- Everyone is trying to rank for the same keywords, so do your research, check the SERPs (search engine results pages), and put in the work to create better content.
- Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die
- S01 E08: Inbound Marketing - The Key to Success in Any Industry
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with marketer, podcaster and author, David Bain about his book ''Marketing Now,'' based on hours of audio/video interviews. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala sits down with the Go-to-Market Lead (Web & CMS Hub) for HubSpot, Luke Summerfield to chat about the inbound marketing company's brand new Content Management System (CMS) Hub and his Growth-Driven Design initiatives. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala sits down with the founder of Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Joe Devon, to talk about the event's inception and how individuals and businesses alike can participate. Read More