Rashed Mian is managing editor of News Beat, an award-winning social justice podcast that investigates the United States’ broken criminal justice system, civil liberties and other political and societal injustices devastating disenfranchised Americans. Mian has won more than two dozen journalism awards during his decade-long career in alternative media. During that time he has covered marginalized communities, threats to civil liberties, perpetual war, erosion of press freedoms by successive presidential administrations, and attacks on some of the most vulnerable members of society.
- Whatever the latest mispronunciation of my name is. Nickname
- Yankees / Giants / Knicks :( Favorite Team
- Hufflepuff Hogwarts House
- Whatever drives Laura Poitras Desired Superpower
- Van Gogh Favorite Artist
- Edward Snowden Celebrity Alter-Ego