We promised that Season Five would be the season of guests, and we’re here to deliver.
AJ founded B2Linked in 2014 after he saw potential in the power of LinkedIn ads at a previous position. The agency specializes in LinkedIn advertising and has been met with great success. They've managed some of LinkedIn ads' biggest campaign budgets and accounts.
“B2Linked’s mission and vision is to share the value of LinkedIn advertising with other B2B marketers and help individuals and companies realize the value of LinkedIn as a lead generation channel, and extract more value from that channel.” -B2Linked
Inbound, at its core, is about providing value, making LinkedIn ads a perfect match. Here are the best ad types to utilize:
- Sponsored Content ads appear in the "feed" (the homepage on both desktop and mobile) resulting in a significant amount of user interaction. They work well with value-first offerings like free guides, checklists, and in-person events. AJ recommends starting with a static image because it’s simple and easy to troubleshoot.
- Retargeting ads are a great addition to your toolbox, but work best in conjunction with Facebook and Google for a more well-rounded reach to your online customers.
- Text ads (referred to in-episode as right rail ads) are a good choice from a branding perspective due to their frequent visibility. These do not appear on mobile devices, and therefore should be employed strategically to target desktop traffic.
AJ's LinkedIn Tips:
- Start with cost per click (CPC) rather than cost per impression (CPM), and switch to CPM when your click-through rates (CTR) rise three times above the industry average. Start by bidding low, and increase the bid steadily if you need more traffic.
- You’ll want to switch some settings from their default state when building a campaign. Use these guidelines:
- Uncheck the audience expansion box. This ensures that LinkedIn isn’t adding additional people into your audience who you’re not trying to target.
- Switch off automated bidding and turn on CPC bidding. LinkedIn will give you an approximation of what your competitors are bidding, but you can ignore this for your initial campaigns and bid low. Start at the minimum bid, and increase over time.
Our sincere thanks to AJ for being a guest on the show. He was a true delight and we’re excited to continue our new friendship in the future. To reach AJ, you can visit the B2Linked website and fill out a form that will go straight to his inbox. No aggressive sales pitch, no blog subscription. Just answers.
This Week's One Thing
- Danielle is participating in a GORUCK 48-hour endurance event in honor of 9/11.
- Sage loves road trips because of the spectrum of feelings you experience. You’re excited, happy, then tired, sleepy, fully angry, and essentially every emotion in between.
- Jon loves the Steelers because of his previous home in Pittsburgh. (Note: my apologies to Jon for stealing some of his beloved Steelers for my fantasy football team, which is aptly named Inbound & Touchdown.)
- AJ loves vehicles and he always wanted to drive everything. His childhood dream of owning a go-kart? Accomplished ✔️. His newest endeavor is motorcycles.
Here is where I would typically let y'all know what beer was imbibed during the episode. We happened to record this in the morning, so none was had. Out of the goodness of my heart though, I'll make a personal recommendation for you: Nightmare Brewing Company's Exposure. This is a high impact 10.6% Imperial IPA. Strong, and drinkable. Brewed with Citra and Mosaic hops—some of my favorites—I found it hard not to love. I rated it a 4.25/5 on Untappd.
Don't forget to subscribe to the 'Inbound & Down' Question of the Day for a daily email containing a multiple-choice question on topics such as Inbound, SEO, design, agency life, and more!
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito chat with the Manager of HubSpot Academy Education, Kevin Dunn, about creating curated learning paths for your company. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with Founder and CEO of Huckabuy, Geoff Atkinson, about the technical hurdles of SEO and how to alleviate them with software. Read More