Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important disciplines in the marketing field. It's a constant topic of conversation in the office, and we've written numerous blogs about it—one being 7 Benefits of Common SEO Best Practices, written by our very own hostess with the mostess, Danielle.
On this episode, we outlined and expanded on these seven tips:
1. Having a well-designed, responsive site
|The site he was browsing was not optimized for mobile.
52.2% of all web traffic comes from mobile. If your site doesn't look great and/or perform well on mobile, it will suffer.
2. Creating high quality + well-researched content
This speaks for itself. Make sure to write your pieces from research, not from memory, and use reputable sources.
3. Focusing on topic clusters over keywords
There needs to be a clear, overarching topic in mind. Write for an entire topic, rather than for one keyword.
4. Creating crawlable URLs + clear content mapping
Your website needs a hierarchy so it's easily crawlable and navigable. For example, if you're an ecommerce website, all categories and products need to be organized appropriately.
5. Investigating the SERP to find user intent + Google relevancy
Google the keyword you want to rank for and see what comes up. You might think of a seemingly perfect keyword, but upon searching realize it's too much of a long shot.
6. Optimizing for page speed
7. Adding schema nametags
Ah, our old pal. We decided to rename schema and call it nametags because schema is just too spooky of a word. We're only half kidding. Schema/nametags is a coded declaration of what the page is—e.g. 'this is the featured image,' 'this is the author.' (Read Jon's intense schema breakdown here.)
These are only a small smattering of SEO tips out there, but they are our favorites❤️. Tune in for a comprehensive and detailed (and not at all beer-fueled) breakdown of these best practices!
- See above! And below. And probably over there in the sidebar too ->. We talk about SEO a lot. Almost like it's our jobs?
- Pain Locator
- Share of Mobile Phone Website Traffic Worldwide 2018
- Beginner's Guide to SEO
- Are You Guilty of These Common SEO Mistakes?
- 7 Benefits of Common SEO Best Practices
- SEO Blogs
- Why Optimizing For Mobile Is Crucial To Your Success
- How To Develop A Content Plan [With Downloadable Template]
- Keywords Did Not Die With The HubSpot Keywords Tool
- How To Build Your Shopify Products In HubSpot
- Adding Schema To A HubSpot Website
- 'Inbound & Down' S04 E13: Coffee Talk
- Flying Dog
Have an SEO question or a beer recommendation? Comment below, or email us at email@example.com
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with marketer, podcaster and author, David Bain about his book ''Marketing Now,'' based on hours of audio/video interviews. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala sits down with the Go-to-Market Lead (Web & CMS Hub) for HubSpot, Luke Summerfield to chat about the inbound marketing company's brand new Content Management System (CMS) Hub and his Growth-Driven Design initiatives. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala sits down with the founder of Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Joe Devon, to talk about the event's inception and how individuals and businesses alike can participate. Read More