On our season three finale of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito discuss the differences between inbound marketing agencies (like Morey Creative) and traditional advertising agencies.
When you hear the word "agency," what do you think of? The term holds meaning in many different sectors, but in the creative marketing world it's often blindly paired with advertising. Think Mad Men.
The assumption that every agency is an ad agency would be incorrect. Here at Morey Creative Studios, we're what's known as an Inbound Marketing Agency. That means we’re not really the type of agency to come up with the advertising campaign to end all advertising campaigns, or design direct mail pieces. Our modern approach to advertising focuses more on inbound lead generation rather than traditional outbound practices.
We work in a specific niche. There are plenty of services such agencies can provide, and these only continue to evolve. What we offered, say, five years, or even one month ago, isn’t going to be exactly the same as what we offer today. We ebb and flow with the industry, and add services we see fit to succeed for our clients.
We focus (mainly) on inbound marketing (for now). That includes email marketing, SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), content marketing, etc. Our main objective is to manage our client’s web presence, and produce excellent content that ranks. We want to draw in interested, relevant contacts, and convert them to customers.
Our core value proposition was lead generation, but we decided that alone wasn’t good enough. After tracking the connection between sales and marketing, we've introduced sales enablement services (listen or read here). This means we're furthering our clients' sales teams by helping to close deals with the leads after we’ve delivered them.
As an agency, our number one goal is our clients' success. This means our strategies will be ever-evolving, ever-shifting, ever-adapting to their goals, as well as the market. No stone will be left unturned in the search for the best processes and services.
The 'Inbound & Down' team would like to extend a big Thank You to our listeners for being part of an exceptional season three. We've covered some amazing topics, and we have so many more in store for season four, and far beyond.
Stay tuned, and as always, a very joyous Toodles!
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
Inbound marketing agencies focus on the niche of inbound marketing (helpful and non-interruptive tactics), whereas traditional advertising agencies focus on outbound marketing.
Re-listen to season three!
- S3 E01: How the Loss of Net Neutrality Will Affect Your SEO Efforts
- S3 E02: Understanding Google's Latest Algorithm Changes
- S3 E03: Google Chrome Extensions Every Digital Marketer Should Know & Use
- S3 E04: HubSpot is getting rid of the keyword tool. What?!
- S03 E05: How to Use Facebook Live for Your Business
- S03 E06: Strategic Growth: What Keeps a CEO Up at Night
- S03 E07: How to use Schema Markup to Boost Your SEO
- S03 E08: Understanding Bounce Rates and How You Can Improve Them
- S03 E09: HubSpot Explains Sunsetting the Keywords Tool with Jeffrey Vocell
- S03 E10: How Hives Have Transformed Our Company Culture
- S03 E11: Reasons Your Website is Underperforming
- S03 E12: GDPR: What It Is, And How You Can Prepare
- S03 E13: WordPress vs. HubSpot: A Battle Between Content Management Systems
- S03 E14: Sales Enablement & Why It's the Future of Inbound
- S03 E15: Email Metrics & How They Can be Misleading
- S03 E16: Content Mission Statements
- S03 E17: How to Create Resource Pillar Pages
- S03 E18: The Benefits of Gated & Ungated Content
Questions about inbound marketing agencies? Comment below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito are joined by special guest and Morey Creative Strategist Ashanti Heyward to discuss the Morey Creative Culture Code. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito are joined by special guests and Morey Creative Designers Jeff Main and Jon Chim to discuss how to successfully grow your business without breaking. Read More
This is a small thank you to our first three HubSpot clients who bet early on our ability to leverage this powerful tool. They’ve doubled down with us several times since and today we are virtually inseparable. Read More