On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito discuss the future of inbound marketing via sales enablement, and bid farewell to a dear old friend.
We talk about the future a lot here at Morey Creative.
We're constantly chatting about our industry—about forthcoming features and software, what we think will happen, what's inevitably going to happen... It's our version of celebrity gossip.
When we started to learn about sales enablement, we were absolutely delighted. Sales enablement shows us the future IS here. It's HubSpot saying, "Hey! We're not just a marketing platform anymore, we're so much more!"
HubSpot defines sales enablement as "the technology, processes, and content that empower sales teams to sell efficiently at a higher velocity"—and there are plenty of new tools and capabilities associated with it.
The HubSpot Features We Love
- Closed Loop Reporting. Because sales and marketing data live in the same environment, members of these respective teams can leave notes about why a deal was lost, why the deal couldn't be closed, etc., etc., etc. It's a tool that improves team transparency, and can be a learning opportunity, for everyone involved.
- Meetings. As a HubSpot user, you can connect your HubSpot portal with your Google, Office 365 or HubSpot Calendar, and let people schedule directly into your calendar. It enables specific parameters too, so, for example, someone can't book a meeting within x amount of time of another meeting. The tool enables users to effectively manage their time, as well as that of clients and leads.
- Email Logging. When you send an email, whether through Google/Office 365 or HubSpot, you have the option to automatically log the email and the response in the user's contact record. If the contact isn't within the database, there's also an option to add them in.
- Contact Records. In the email composer, when you start to write to a contact, you'll see all of their information, such as company size, date of last email, and so on. It's all right there for you to access, so you can send the most personalized email without having to keep a mental database of every client, ever.
- Deals. The Deal pipeline enables you to categorize and track the progress of deals that are being worked on. No leads will ever fall through the cracks if you actively monitor and maintain the pipeline.
Our beloved host and fearless leader Jon Sasala has written a comprehensive piece on sales enablement; if you're interested in supplementing what you learned in today's podcast, give it a read: The Logical Connection Between Inbound Marketing and Sales Enablement.
When you tune in, you'll be hearing a very sad announcement. Unfortunately, this is the last 'Inbound & Down' episode including its former producer, and now, Morey Creative alum, Ali.
She produced 47 killer episodes, and will truly be missed by all.
Farewell Ali. You'll live on in our hearts, and as the :ali: emoji in Slack.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Sales enablement is the future of HubSpot. It's not just a marketing platform anymore, it's a growth platform.
- This new service will make businesses more successful, by integrating sales and marketing efforts.
- There are plenty of tools in HubSpot to make the implementation of sales enablement seamless.
- Take the Sales Enablement Certification!
Questions about implementing sales enablement at your business? Comment below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with Eric Siu, CEO at ClickFlow and author of "Leveling Up: How to Master the Game of Life." Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with Markus Raunig, managing director at AustrianStartups, an independent non-profit platform for innovative entrepreneurship in Austria. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' host Jon Sasala chats with Kate Skavish, Chief Visionary Officer at Wave.video, an online video editing platform. Read More