On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito explain how to stay relevant in the world of B2B digital sales with the help of business-oriented social media network LinkedIn.
With more than 450 million users, LinkedIn is more than just a network to help you find a job. More and more buyers are using LinkedIn to influence their purchasing decisions, making your LinkedIn presence increasingly important.
A recent study by global intelligence firm IDC and cited by LinkedIn found that 50 percent of B2B buyers use LinkedIn as a source when making purchase decisions, and 76 percent of B2B buyers prefer to work with recommendations from their professional network. Providing various ways to engage with prospects, LinkedIn is an effective tool for sales teams who want to leverage digital platforms to improve B2B sales.
Simply having a LinkedIn profile isn't enough, however. You can optimize your profile to help you find prospects and make sales.
Keep Your Profile Up To Date
Ensure it always contains the most recent information, and constantly update it as your role changes and accomplishments mount.
Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile For Sales
Your LinkedIn profile is one of your most valuable sales assets, so make sure it's built to sell.
- Change your job title to a value proposition.
- Make your summary description a sales pitch or value proposition for your company.
- Optimize your projects and media to highlight your product is truly extraordinary.
Just as you interact with your friends on Facebook, become involved with your LinkedIn connections.
- Share or comment on your connections content.
- Publish directly on your LinkedIn profile.
- Publish to LinkedIn Pulse.
Join & Participate In LinkedIn Groups
LinkedIn groups are goldmines of leads for people who are looking for business solutions like yours, so use them to your advantage.
- Join your prospects' groups.
- Become a thought leader, by consistently providing useful information and advice to members.
- Connect with prospects in the group.
Export A Spreadsheet Of All Your Connections
These contain the full names, employers and job titles for each of your connections.
Follow these steps to export your connections:
- Hover over the connections tab and choose "Keep in Touch."
- Click the settings icon on the right side.
- Click “Export LinkedIn Connections.”
- Export as CSV.
Add Every Customer To Your LinkedIn Network
Connect with every customer you close.
- Keep in touch and maintain a relationship with this customer.
- Ask your customers for recommendations.
- Monitor when they move up in the company or switch companies (perfect for upselling).
Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Upgrade and get the paid version of LinkedIn, LinkedIn Premium, which grants access to the sales navigator and plenty of other features, including:
- Identifying the best prospects for your product.
- Providing automated lead suggestions.
- Adding InMail Message, which enables you to email prospects you don't even know.
LinkedIn is an important aspect of your B2B sales strategy. Know any other ways you can leverage LinkedIn to connect with prospects? Let us know in the comments below.
Key Takeaways From This Episode
- LinkedIn is a great way to help you generate leads and convert sales.
- Export your contacts from LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- 'Inbound & Down' S02 E06: Inbound 2017 Takeaways: The Art & Science Of Account-Based Marketing
Have any questions or topic suggestions? Comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito are joined by special guest and Morey Creative Strategist Ashanti Heyward to discuss the Morey Creative Culture Code. Read More
On this episode of 'Inbound & Down,' co-hosts Jon Sasala and Danielle Esposito are joined by special guests and Morey Creative Designers Jeff Main and Jon Chim to discuss how to successfully grow your business without breaking. Read More
This is a small thank you to our first three HubSpot clients who bet early on our ability to leverage this powerful tool. They’ve doubled down with us several times since and today we are virtually inseparable. Read More