On this episode of "Inbound & Down," Creative Director Jon Sasala and Senior Strategist Danielle Esposito run through some of the most common inbound marketing terms, helping familiarize listeners with lingo you’ll hear on the podcast and from other inbounders.
Search engine optimization, workflows, buyer persona—inbound really does have a language and terminology all its own. 'Inbound & Down' hosts Sasala and Esposito break down some of the most important, so you too can learn the fundamentals of inbound.
- Buyer’s Journey: A three-step process (awareness, consideration and decision stages) buyers go through to become aware of, evaluate, and purchase a new product or service.
- Buyer Persona: This is a representation of your ideal customer based on market research and sales data about your existing customers. Helps you align your content creation efforts.
- Content: Information to be consumed, engaged with, and shared. Created to entice your audience and lead visitors through the Buyer’s Journey.
- Call-to-Action (CTA): An online graphic, button or text that aims to get a person to click to convert on an offer.
- Keyword: A word or phrase that describes or summarizes the contents of a web page to help a search engine find it.
- Lead: A person who visits your website and fills out a form for either a content offering or a subscription of some kind (blog updates, etc.).
- Organic Traffic: Visitors who come to a website through unpaid search results.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): The amount of money spent to get a digital advertisement clicked.
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP): The list of results returned by a search engine in response to a specific word or phrase search.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This phrase refers to making a website more visible in the unpaid section of the search engine results page.
- User Experience (UX): The overall experience a customer has with a particular business, from awareness to nurturing.
- Workflow: A set of triggers and events that move a lead through the nurturing process.
- The free HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
- Other free HubSpot certifications
- “21 Inbound Marketing Terms You Should Know”
Have any questions or topic suggestions? Comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Morey Creative Studios' Marketing Blog
Get Morey Creative Studios' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
Great content, strong SEO, regular social media posting, strategic email marketing, and compelling CTAs and lead capture forms are essential to an effective inbound marketing strategy. Read More
Companies across a wide range of industries that market products and services with longer sales cycles can benefit from inbound marketing, such as manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, information technology/cybersecurity, travel, and many others. Read More